Are banks open on Veterans Day? Depending on where you live, some banks might remain open, but in general banks do close on Veterans Day and many other holidays, known as "bank holidays." Most major banks in the United States are closed today, but check your local branches to see what's open - some areas report most banks being open.
What other days of the year are commonly known as bank holidays?
- New Years Day - January 1st
- Martin Luther King Jr Day - 3rd Monday in January
- President's Day - 3rd Monday in February
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4th
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Columbus Day - 2nd Monday in October
- Veteran's Day - November 11th
- Thanksgiving - 4th Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25th
And of course, the U.S.P.S. is closed today, as Veteran's Day is an official federal holiday, and all other holidays in the above list. A big THANK YOU to veterans who have served in our armed forces - past and present!