Teens aren't easy to buy for, and frugal Christmas gift ideas aren't always popular choices. This list of frugal Christmas gift ideas for teens should result in options that will be received with smiles and gratitude.
Frugal Christmas Gift Ideas for Teens
1. Travel mug from the dollar store and $5 gift certificate to Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks
2. Earbuds (Walmart carries decent options for $5 and under) and a $10 iTunes gift card
3. $5 or $10 gift card to fast food restaurants
4. Burn a CD with songs in their favorite genre
5. Make a batch of homemade caramel corn and add a $5 gift certificate for a movie rental
6. Single ticket to the movie theater (most teens go in groups and all pay their own way, so one ticket is plenty)
7. Teen girls would love a few pairs of colorful knee highs or toe socks from the dollar store.
8. Teen boys all seem to be wearing knitted caps. Buy them for $2 each at Walmart. (I just stocked up!)
9. A couple of bottles of nail polish from the dollar store and set of funky colored emery boards (I compiled a few baskets like this for about $4 each)
10. A coupon for "date night" or "girl's or guy's night out." If the teen doesn't drive and hates the thought of Mom and Dad being the livery, offer to provide car service for an evening on the town.
Frugal Christmas gift ideas for teens needn't be boring or appear cheap. Most of the teens I know would be thrilled with any one of the ten options listed here.
Kimberly Ripley is a freelance writer and published author from New Hampshire, who, after raising 5 kids tends to know what kind of frugal Christmas gift ideas work for teens! Visit her web site at http://www.kimberlyripleywrites.com.