Chile earthquake: How to help
A 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile early Saturday morning leaving more than 700 people dead and thousands still missing. If you would like to help, many organizations are accepting donations.
American Red Cross
American Red Cross made an initial pledge of $50,000 but more donations are needed to help aid people in Chile. Donate now.
Operation USA is sending medical aid to Chile as necessary as part of the relief efforts following the earthquake. Donate to Operation USA.
AmeriCares is sending a rapid response team to help provide in Chile.Â Medicines, medical supplies and other humanitarian aid are being readied for immediate shipment. Donate to AmeriCares.
Also, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile have all announced that they will waive the standard texting charge for any text message donation. Verizon and T-Mobile have both gone a step further, eliminating all charges for calls between the US and Chile.
- Text "Chile" to 90999 to send $10 to the American Red Cross
- Text "Chile" to 52000 to send $10 to the Salvation Army
- Text "Chile" to 25383 to send $10 to Habitat For Humanity
- Text "Chile" to 20222 to send $10 to Wold Vision
- Text "Rebuild" to 50555 to send $10 to Operation USA
- Text "Youth" to 20222 to send $10 to UNICEF