Who would have thought Tax Day is a day when you could get all these freebies?
But apparently, a number of businesses are offering freebies on Tax Day 2010 to soften the pain of paying taxes. The giveaway that has grabbed the most attention is the free coffee Starbucks is offering at participating locations, but you need to bring in a reusable mug.
Scouring the Web, one finds a lot of other companies are jumping in on the idea. Of course, as the saying goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch, so not all of theÂ so-called freebies require that you first make a purchase. At Dunkin Donut's, for example, you can only get your 'free' donut if you buy a cup of coffee.
So far, here is what I have found:
* a free donut at Dunkin' Donuts
* a free taco at Taco Bell, according to the New York Daily News, but Associated Content says they are all out of coupons
* two free cupcake bites at Cinnabon
* a 15 percent discount at P.F. Chang's
* T.G.I. Friday's is giving away a $5 gift card for meals between $15 and $25 and a $10 for $25, according to the New York Daily News
* Papa John's is selling large original-crust pizza with three toppings for $10.40, you just have to mention coupon code '1040' on their Web site, according to the New York Daily News
* McCormick & Schmick's is giving a $10.40 gift certificate on selected dishes
* MacDonald's also has some deals, but apparently they vary by location
For more reading on the Tax Day freebies, click here.