AÂ man dies in an attempt to steel copper wire, and his female accomplice was severely burned. He was electrocuted when he tried to steel the copper from a vacant Southern California property.
The couple must have thought the electricity was off, and their children who were ages 3 and 6 were waiting near by in a truck.
"'I just heard a loud explosion and a lady screaming, just screaming like crazy, so I walked over there and I seen her like half burned, and she was just like crying, asking for help for her husband,' Jose Carrasco told CNN affiliate KABC," according to CNN.
The woman is in critical condition.Â What an awful way to die, and for those poor children to hear their parents screamÂ like thatÂ during a crime. How desperate people are for money. This is such a tragedy. There is a lot of money in copper, and the theft of copper is big business, but you can't help but feel sorry for that family. What an awful way to die. Â
Headlines & TrendsÂ Â©2010Â All rights reserved