A child fell into a grease trap at the Sonic in Clarkesville, Tennessee on April 28, 2012. Needless to say the parents are considering legal action due to this unfortunate accident. The family was on the patio area of the Madison Street Sonic. The grease vat was approximately two feet from the patio area in an area full of landscaping mulch. The lid to the grease vat, which states "Warning: Do not enter. Poison gas." was dislodged from the vat.
Lily Clark's father didn't realize she had fallen into the grease vat until she lifted her arms up for someone to pull her out. Can you imagine what the poor little 5-year-old must have gone through falling into a vat of grease?
911 was called and she was taken to Gateway Medical Center. As you can imagine, doctors found grease in her ears. Other than that, you will be happy to know that Lily is fine physically.
Her parents, however, are thinking about the future. They don't know what the long-term effects will be for their little one. According to her mom since the child fell into a grease trap at Sonic she doesn't even want to ride by one. Naturally, what happened must have been awful for Lily and her family and if Sonic was negligent they should be responsible.
This world is a dangerous place and even a fun trip to a Sonic Restaurant can turn nasty. Hopefully now that a child fell into grease trap Sonic will be more careful in the future. Perhaps these grease traps need to be in a more secure area, fenced in so that no other child will have to go through what Lily Clark did.
The Clarks are speaking with lawyers regarding this incident. Perhaps other restaurants will hear about this and take precautions also.